Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I spoke way too soon



Last week I got all giddy because a few exec type started making baby step towards realizing how to interact with customers and technology and working within the new confines instead of trying to fight them. Well apparently I was way off base on this being the dawning of a new age.

DJ Drama and DJ Cannon were arrested in Atalanta for "making and selling illegal CDs". I don't think I have to get in to the elementary realm of mixtapes and how they are the lifeblood of hip hop these days. Nor should I have to mention that almost everything on these mixtapes come from either artist's labels or the artist themselves.

I hope Atlanta's hip hop community, which right now is about the strongest force in hip hop, realizes the severity of the RIAA's current assault on their business and art.
[quick list]

  • Ludacris

  • T.I.

  • Outkast

  • Jermaine Dupri

  • Young Jeezy

  • Lil Jon

  • Cee-Lo


Pulls their collective weight and gives the RIAA the proper bitch slap that it needs. Not just because in the grand, esoteric sense that this whole episode and wrong, bone-headed and ridiculous. But in the real sense this is where hip hop lives and breathes these days, it's their livelihood at stake. Also please feel free to contact the RIAA numbskull in charge of this recent act of buffoonery at MKilgo@RIAA.com.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Creative Commons LicenseThis page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.